Job Announcement from Kylie Gursky with Montana Women Vote:
Montana Women Vote is hiring a full-time Community Organizer
JOB TITLE: Montana Women Vote (MWV) Community Organizer HOURS: 40 hours/week
ORGANIZATION AND POSITION BACKGROUND:
Montana Women Vote (MWV) is a statewide coalition working to engage and mobilize low-income women and their allies as informed voters, policy advocates, and community leaders. We work on issues including economic justice, health care reform, voter rights, and reproductive justice. We believe that civic action, policy change, and leadership development can together shift the balance of power and improve the lives of low-income women and families in Montana. Our work includes voter registration and engagement, field campaigns, policy advocacy, and leadership development. Additional info is available at www.montanawomenvote.org.
MWV is seeking a full-time Community Organizer to work alongside the Program Director to create, manage, and evaluate program and organizational work. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience, ranging from $28,000 to $32,000. MWV provides a benefits package including generous paid leave and health insurance. The position is based in Missoula (preferred) or Helena.
POSITION REPORTS TO: Program Director
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- In collaboration with the Program Director, coordinate and manage a statewide voter registration, education, and mobilization campaign during elections years.
- In collaboration with the Program Director, coordinate annual Women’s Policy Leadership Institute (WPLI), MWV’s statewide conference.
- During legislative sessions and in the interim, work with the Program director to engage our members and develop leaders.
- This may include, but is not limited to, coordinating travel and accommodations, writing action alerts and newsletters, running phone banks, helping members draft testimony, soliciting and editing letters to the editor, and helping to coordinate lobby days.
- Recruit, manage, and train volunteers and community leaders.
- Register voters at events, stores, schools, etc, and help Program Director support statewide voter registration groups.
- Participating in general administrative and quality control support.
- Working alongside MWV staff as a participating as a member of the Montana Women Vote team.
More information about the position expectations and details can be found at http://www.montanawomenvote.org/about-mwv/jobs-and-opportunities/?blm_aid=23233
If you wish to apply, Submit resume and cover letter by email to Kylie Gursky: email@example.com. For questions or information, call (406) 317-1504. This position is open until filled.
To be considered in this round of applicants, please submit your application by August 27th, 2018.