Bozeman BPW offers an annual Education Scholarship for Career Advancement in order to provide financial assistance to qualified women seeking to further their education. Scholarships are provided to women who wish to advance in their careers, or are soon to enter or re-enter the workforce. The scholarship offer is made to support women at crucial points in their lives and to enable them to help themselves. Award amounts range from $500 to $3,000, and the deadline to apply is January 6, 2018. To qualify, scholarship applicants must:
- Be female
- Be at least 25 years of age by January 15 of the award year
- Be a U.S. citizen or U.S. national and a resident of Gallatin County
- Be officially accepted into a Montana accredited degree program that will result in an associates, bachelors, or masters degree, or be officially accepted into an accredited certificate program at a school or training facility within Montana (Not to be used for work toward a doctoral-level degree, such as a PhD, MD, DDS, DVM, JD, etc.)
- Attend school full time
- Demonstrate clear career plans and a scheduled time frame in which you expect to achieve your education goals
- Be available to attend a personal interview with the Bozeman BPW Scholarship Committee at a location to be scheduled in Bozeman, between January 10-31.
- Demonstrate financial need
There is no fee to apply for the Education Scholarship for Career Advancement. You do not need to be a member of Bozeman BPW and there will be no preference given to Bozeman BPW members when awarding the scholarship. The scholarship will be awarded on the basis of merit and demonstration of clear intent; however, financial need will be taken into consideration when all other factors are equal between applicants.
“Women Helping Women”….The Montana Business & Professional Women Foundation, Inc. and Bozeman Business & Professional Women are partnering in 2018 to award Shooting Star Grants to women for business development. There are an estimated 37,000 women owned businesses in Montana, producing $4.7 million in revenue in the past year. The financial grants are to enable women owned businesses to develop further. The Shooting Star grants are available to Montana women entrepreneurs who require support to purchase equipment or other materials for business start-up or development. Requirements for the grant include:
- Applicant business must be a woman owned, Montana business
- Grants are for small business development
- Must be in business for one year prior to application deadline
- The grants are for projects NOT otherwise eligible for aid, and are not awarded for religious purposes, to veterans’ or fraternal organizations, for use as general endowment, nor for fundraising
- Project must be completed within six (6) months of grant receipt
- Grant request is for a project planned in 2018
- Grant request is for a project not yet funded, nor purchased
- Be available to attend a personal interview with the Bozeman BPW Scholarship Committee at a location to be scheduled in Bozeman, between January 20-February 15.
Since 2010, over $17,000 has been awarding to women business owners across the state. Awards range from $500 to $1,000. Grant applications are due by January 20, 2018.
An application is required for either program and will include a follow-up interview for any finalists. If you have any questions, please email the Scholarship Committee. Scholarships and Shooting Star grants are awarded at the annual, spring Honors Awards Ceremony.