BPW is partnering with the Allen Yarnell Center for Student Success at MSU to collect professional clothing for, and provide assistance for, the MSU Executive Closet event. Each year in the fall, MSU hosts this wonderful program to provide students with the opportunity to acquire free professional clothing along with tips for how to pair outfits and dress for success – giving students the resources and tools to dress professionally for career fairs, interviews and their first jobs out of college! Students are able to select and keep a complete professional outfit from a selection of donated clothing.
Some BPW members businesses helped out last year by hosting a bin at their storefront or office as a donation/clothing drop off location. Other individual BPW members helped set up and facilitate the fall clothing giveaway event. Thanks so much to those who participated last year for your help!
We would like to increase our support this year and are calling for volunteers to help in the following areas:
Be a Clothing Donation Host Site
We are looking for host sites who would be willing to act as a drop-off location for donations:
- A collection bin and signage will be provided to you.
- Donations will be collected from your site on a regular basis as determined by you and the collection team from MSU’s Sigma Nu fraternity (but usually every 2 weeks depending on volume)
- The Clothing Drive will start in mid-June and run until August 23, 2019
Help Prep and Staff the Executive Closet on September 17
If you are not able to be a host site, but would like to assist in other ways, please consider:
- Help sort donations 1-2 times this summer (dates and times tbd)
- Help set up the event on Monday, September 16, 2019 4 p.m. – ???
- Provide clothing assistance to students the day of the event, Tuesday, September 17, 2019 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Please contact BPW President Melissa Herron at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or would like to sign up to be a clothing donation site and/or help out!
2019 BBPW President
MSU Allen Yarnell Center for Student Success