Sky Oro, located in Bozeman’s Cannery District, is a membership-based community co-working space for women. In addition to offering a comfortable office setting, Sky Oro is a club with a vision to build meaningful connections and relationships between women entrepreneurs. Sky Oro hosts events and workshops for its members in addition to providing a co-working space.
Sky Oro invites member of Bozeman BPW to attend their Afternoon Tea event on Saturday, February 29th at 2:00pm. This event is FREE, and will include a brief educational overview of featured teas from Townshend’s Teahouse, to be followed by conversation and snacks, with goodies provided by Sky Oro members!
When: Saturday, February 29th, 2:00pm
Where: Sky Oro, 107 E. Oak Street, Bozeman
Registration is required. Please follow these steps to register:
- Follow this link to register as a “Proximity Member” of Sky Oro’s website (their website is powered by a web platform called Proximity, you are registering for a free Proximity account). Once on the page, click the “Register” button: https://members.skyoro.club/login/true
- Fill out the Registration Form that will register you for a Sky Oro free Proximity account
- Once you’ve registered as a Proximity Member, you’ll be directed to Sky Oro’s membership options webpage – this is where you can shop for various levels of Sky Oro membership, however if you just want to attend the Tea event you do not need to purchase one!
- Click here to be directed to the Tea Event page and register to attend the event (you must be logged in to your Proximity account that you just created in order to register): https://members.skyoro.club/events/29-feb-2020-afternoon-tea
An announcement from BPW member, Lori Addicks:
No one likes to make a hiring mistake. But 95% of organizations continue to make them every year.
On December 3rd, 2019, Lori Addicks of the Larkspur group will offer an all day workshop on conducting more effective interviews. In this session you will be introduced to behavioral-based interviewing, to help you select the right people for the right jobs from the very start. Hiring Managers and anyone involved in the interviewing process with candidates and the hiring decisions of talent for an organization is encouraged to attend.
Date: Tuesday, December 3, 2019at 9:00am – 4:00pm
Event Venue: Montana Manufacturing Extension Center
Event Address: 2310 University Way Building 2 Suite 1, Bozeman, MT 59717
BPW is partnering with the Allen Yarnell Center for Student Success at MSU to collect professional clothing for, and provide assistance for, the MSU Executive Closet event. Each year in the fall, MSU hosts this wonderful program to provide students with the opportunity to acquire free professional clothing along with tips for how to pair outfits and dress for success – giving students the resources and tools to dress professionally for career fairs, interviews and their first jobs out of college! Students are able to select and keep a complete professional outfit from a selection of donated clothing.
Some BPW members businesses helped out last year by hosting a bin at their storefront or office as a donation/clothing drop off location. Other individual BPW members helped set up and facilitate the fall clothing giveaway event. Thanks so much to those who participated last year for your help!
We would like to increase our support this year and are calling for volunteers to help in the following areas:
Be a Clothing Donation Host Site
We are looking for host sites who would be willing to act as a drop-off location for donations:
- A collection bin and signage will be provided to you.
- Donations will be collected from your site on a regular basis as determined by you and the collection team from MSU’s Sigma Nu fraternity (but usually every 2 weeks depending on volume)
- The Clothing Drive will start in mid-June and run until August 23, 2019
Help Prep and Staff the Executive Closet on September 17
If you are not able to be a host site, but would like to assist in other ways, please consider:
- Help sort donations 1-2 times this summer (dates and times tbd)
- Help set up the event on Monday, September 16, 2019 4 p.m. – ???
- Provide clothing assistance to students the day of the event, Tuesday, September 17, 2019 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Please contact BPW President Melissa Herron at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or would like to sign up to be a clothing donation site and/or help out!
2019 BBPW President
MSU Allen Yarnell Center for Student Success
An Announcement from BPW Member, Lynn Kinnaman – author, writing instructor at MSU/Gallatin College, and owner of Works by Design, LLC:
Are you a writer, looking for tips to break through block, stay motivated, energize your writing, and prepare your manuscript for publication? Join us for the 2019 “Get Published” Conference! Suitable for fiction and nonfiction writers.
Saturday, June 15th, 8am-5:30pm at the C’mon Inn in Bozeman, with lunch included.
*Cost is $119 early bird registration through May 31st! Regular price $130 for tickets purchased after May 31st. Seating is limited, registrations can be made online here: Register
The first 10 people to register will be entered into a drawing to win a one-on-one consultation for one hour with Becca Syme a writing coach, author, and founder of the popular Write Better-Faster course.
Chris Syme, the founder of CKSyme Media Group, will explain how the book marketing landscape has changed and how you can spend less money and get better results. She is an industry expert with over 20 years of experience.
Becca Syme is a USA Today Bestselling fiction author and writing coach. She has taken thousands of writers through the process of getting unstuck, being productive, and learning how to stand out.
Troy Kechely is an author known for his powerful descriptions and his exceptional ability to put the reader into the story. He will share how he does it and how to get authenticity in your writing.
Danica Winters is a bestselling author who has won multiple awards. She’s experienced in traditional, hybrid, and self-publishing and will share how to prepare and present your manuscript professionally.
Lynn Kinnaman will talk about writing the memoir – how to tell your story and why you should do it – even if you never intend to publish or even share it!
FIND OUT MORE OR REGISTER GETPUBLISHEDCONFERENCE.COM